Sunday, February 05, 2006

NUS Rotaract Mit Pheap Exchange II

hmmm...believe it or not, this is the 1st time I'm blogging. Not really into it as yet.

Dunno how many of you felt the same way as I did when I opened my gmail while in Mac to find out I was part of the team going Cambodia, think I was the last to be included to the team but was grateful as I was quite "desperate" to be in the team...haha...Dunno why lah, but to me, this was like one of the things that you just have to do. It has truely been an eye-opener for me, great learning journey and definitely one of the high points to date of my life.

one month has already past, and as yezhong has mention, wondering what the kids are doing back in cambodia...hmmm, swimming in the murky river? picking lychee off trees and popping the whole fruit into their mouth? Cycling? playing soccer? volleyball? watching wrestling? or better...studying(which i seriously am not doing loh, kaoz)? dunno how's the library turned out in the end, dunno whether the comps are up yet

sidetrack a little...thearith shocked me with a question while we were trying to set up the coms he asked"can we just cut off the (earth) pin since it's blocking the way...wah sei i was seriously shocked.

Oh yah, one thing I didn't expect from the trip was that most of us, who were 1st timer chefs in our life, did a reasonably good job with the food! I enjoyed most of the meals, at least they were better than those from the army(eh....though didn't serve much time there, but enough to conclude that their food sux).

Really miss the times where we could go swim in the river which is just behind the house, wah shoik, and the mud fight, which haha, turned out to be all vs the ONE.....LOL...Love the river, maybe that's why my mp3 player called iriver....diao...trying to be lame...haha

Personally, I felt that MPX2 team was great, the whole group bonded closely, and though some of us still didn't who's at the airport before departure, we did indeed come back knowing each other better, I felt that there was a just nice mix/blend of those ang-mo pai and those cheena pai and those that were erm...in between.

Many friends ask me how was my trip to cambodia....hmm, i always gave the standard conversation killer answer .... 'It was great!', haha, then it's for them to decide whether they want to hear more or just move on, cos dun think many people appreciate what can be done/learned from such trips, just by discribing to them verbally, but then again my england sux lah...so maybe it's me..

hmm lotsa talk abt going back during this year's end...so need to save up man. Personally, thinking of also creating another video of the trip, this time round not a menu selection kind but a continuous running one...with all the highlights..need to dig out some time...haha

And also good luck in the upcoming Exams....kaoz so near!

rgds
yongtai

1 Comments:

At 9:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's LOGANSSSSS my dearr!! heee

amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home